Spicy Okra and Turnip Greens
- 1 pound turnip or collard greens
- 12 okra
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) jar pine nuts (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 red jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove stems from turnip greens; cut leaves into 1/4-inch slices.
- Remove ends from okra;
cut okra crosswise into halves. Cook and stir onion and pine nuts
in oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until onion is tender, about
- Stir in turnip greens, okra and remaining ingredients.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until turnip greens
are tender — 18 to 20 minutes.
Yields 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> African Recipes