As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 very large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 1 can garbanzo beans (known also as chick-peas)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup rice, raw
- 2 yams
- Several fresh tomatoes (or large can)
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Fry onion, garlic and white stems of chard until barely limp.
- Add chopped greens and fry a bit.
- Either peel the yams or
scrub them well with a vegetable brush, then slice them into thick
- Add garbanzos, raisins, yams, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
Cook a couple of minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture in the pot.
- Put the rice in the well and pat it down until
it's wet. Cover and cook until rice is done, about 25 minutes.
- Add Tabasco sauce to taste.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> African Recipes