West African Roast Pepper Chicken
- 1 broiler fryer chicken, cut up
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup peanut oil or melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (4 ounce)
jar can pimento, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tomato, peeled and diced
- Brown chicken in oil.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Arrange in baking
pan and sprinkle with pimento, onion and tomato.
- Bake in hot oven at 400 degrees F until cooked and golden brown (45 minutes to
1 hour). May cover during first part of cooking time.