Almond Custard with Litchis
(Hsing-Jen-Tou-Fu — China)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (11 ounce) cans litchis, with syrup
- Heat water, sugar and gelatine to boiling, stirring occasionally, until sugar
and gelatine are dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in milk and almond extract.
- Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Cut gelatine custard into 1-inch diamonds or squares.
- Place litchis in serving bowl; arrange custard around fruit.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.