This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Almond Float (Chinese)
This is sometimes served as a dessert in Chinese restaurants.
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatine
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach slices
- 1 (15 ounce) can lychees
- 8 maraschino cherries, cut into halves
- Soften gelatine in 1/4 cup of the water.
- In a saucepan, bring remaining 1 cup water to a boil. Add softened gelatine and
stir until gelatine is dissolved. Stir in sugar, milk and almond extract. Pour into
an 8 inch-square pan and chill until firm.
- To serve, drain peaches, saving the liquid. Cut peaches into smaller pieces.
Put back into liquid and add lychees and cherries.
- Cut almond gelatine into diamond shapes. Carefully put into fruit mixture.
Makes 8 servings.