Asian Grilled Quail
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons chile-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 quail, dressed (or 4 Cornish hens)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sliced green onions (for garnish)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish; add quail. Cover and chill 30
minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove quail from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Prepare fire by piling charcoal or lava rocks on one side of grill, leaving the
other side empty. Place rack on grill. Arrange quail over empty side; grill, covered
with grill lid, 30 minutes or until done (cooking time for hens will be about 45
to 50 minutes).
- Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan. Reserve 1/4 cup chicken broth and
add remaining chicken broth to marinade. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high
heat; boil, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together cornstarch and reserved chicken broth until smooth. Whisk into
marinade mixture; boil, whisking constantly, for one minute.
- Serve with quail; garnish as desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.