Asian Honey-Tea Grilled Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, de-veined
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup brewed double-strength orange spice tea, cooled
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a plastic bag, combine tea, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and pepper,
to make marinade. Remove 1/2 cup marinade; set aside for dipping sauce. Add shrimp
to marinade remaining in plastic bag, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate
in refrigerator 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto 8 skewers,
dividing evenly. Grill over medium hot coals 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp turn
pink and are just firm to the touch, turning once. Season with salt, to taste.
- Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce by placing reserved 1/2 cup marinade in small
saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly
reduced. Stir in green onions.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 202 cal., 35 g pro., 7 g carbo., 3 g fat; 259 mg chol., 511 mg sodium