Asian Mango Chicken and Noodles
This chicken and noodles dish is anything but boring! It features fresh herbs,
fruits and vegetables, and a delicious Asian-style dressing. Best of all, it’s so
simple to make.
- 12 ounces chicken breasts
- 2 ounces rice vermicelli
- 1/4 teaspoons grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 3/4 cup/3 ounces julienned carrot
- 3/4 cup/3 ounces julienned red pepper
- 1/4 cup/1 ounce thinly sliced scallion
- 3/4 cup/3/4 ounce roughly chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped basil leaves, preferably Thai
- 1/2 cup/4 ounces julienned mango
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the chicken and simmer until
cooked through (about 10 minutes depending on how thick the chicken is). Remove
and cool before shredding or slicing.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the rice vermicelli in a bowl and cover with
hot tap water. Allow to soften, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the garlic, sugar, lime juice and sriracha
and ensure the sugar dissolves.
- Add the carrots, peppers, scallions, cilantro, mint, basil and mango to the vermicelli.
Pour in the dressing. Toss well to combine.
- Divide among 4 bowls and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pasta Association
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes