- 1 (48 ounce) can College Inn® Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 4 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, diced
- 3/4 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, partially thawed
- Place broth in a large 4 quart saucepan, bring to a boil and stir in rice. Lower
heat and cover, simmer for 20 minutes, until all liquid is evaporated and rice is
- While rice is cooking, scramble eggs in a non-stick skillet sprayed with nonstick
cooking spray. Remove cooked eggs from pan and finely chop; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Stir fry water chestnuts and red pepper 1
– 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice to vegetables, stir fry another 2 minutes until rice is heated
- Add soy sauce, sesame seed oil, white pepper, cooked eggs and peas and carrots;
stir gently to combine.
- Serve hot.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 35 min | 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes