Asian Steak Street Tacos
Bring the flavors of the Asian streets to your table with these delicious Asian
- 1 beef flank steak (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 12 small corn tortillas (6- to 7-inch diameter), warmed
- Thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- Combine 3 tablespoons rice vinegar and remaining marinade ingredients in small
bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade mixture for serving.
- Place beef steak and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak
to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight,
- Meanwhile, combine cucumbers, carrots and 1/2 cup rice vinegar in medium bowl.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium,
ash-covered coals; Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated
gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees
F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Drain vegetable mixture; discard liquid. Carve steak lengthwise in half, then
crosswise into thin slices. Top tortillas evenly with steak slices and vegetables.
Drizzle with reserved marinade and sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
Yield: 12 tacos
Nutrition information per serving, using Flank Steak: 159 calories; 4 g fat
(1 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 33 mg cholesterol; 205 mg sodium;
17 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 14 g protein; 5.5 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6;
0.7 mcg vitamin B12; 1.2 mg iron; 13.8 mcg selenium; 2.5 mg zinc; 47.3 mg choline
Nutrition information per serving, using Skirt Steak: 179 calories; 7 g fat
(3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 37 mg cholesterol; 221 mg sodium;
17 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 12 g protein; 4.4 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6;
1.8 mcg vitamin B12; 1.6 mg iron; 8.1 mcg selenium; 2.8 mg zinc; 41.3 mg choline
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Cattlemen's Beef Board
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.