- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 firm bananas
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Combine 1 cup of the flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt
in large bowl. Gradually blend in water, beating with a whisk until
- Peel bananas. Cut each banana crosswise into 3 pieces, making
a total of 12 pieces. Coat bananas lightly with remaining 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in wok over medium high heat until oil reaches 375 degrees F.
- Dip banana pieces in batter, coating completely. Cook 4 to 6
banana pieces at a time in the oil until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Makes about 4 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.