Barbecued Pork (China)
- 2 (12 ounce) pork tenderloins
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 scallion,
cut in half
- Scallion curls (optional)
- Remove fat from meat. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, wine, sugar, honey,
food coloring, cinnamon, garlic and onion. Add pork, turning meat to coat completely.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature 1 hour or refrigerate overnight,
- Drain pork, reserving marinade. Place pork on wire rack over a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until done, turning and basting
frequently during baking.
- Remove pork from oven. Cool; cut into diagonal slices. Garnish with Scallion
Makes about 8 appetizer servings.