Basic Chinese Chicken Stock
- 3 pounds chicken backs, necks, and trimmings
- 16 cups cold water
- 12 whole black peppercorns
- 2 whole celery stalks with leaves
- 2 thin slices fresh ginger
- Salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Skim the surface and strain the stock.
- Chill and remove the fat from the top.
Makes about 4 quarts.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.