Bean Curd with Oyster Sauce (China)
- 8 ounces bean curd
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 6 scallions
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 red or green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 teaspoons dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- Cut bean curd into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Clean mushrooms and cut into slices.
- Cut onions into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut celery into 1/2-inch diagonal slices.
- Remove seeds from pepper and cut pepper into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in wok over high heat. Cook bean curd in the oil,
stirring gently, until light brown, 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok over high heat. Add mushrooms, onions,
celery and pepper. Stir fry 1 minute.
- Return bean curd to wok. Toss lightly to combine.
- Blend water, cornstarch, oyster sauce, sherry and soy sauce. Pour over mixture
into wok. Cook and stir until liquid boils. Cook and stir 1 minute longer.
Makes 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes