Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1/2 pound boneless tender beef steak
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 onion, chunked and separated
- 1 carrot, cut diagonally into 1/8-inch slices
- Cut beef across grain into thin slices. Combine 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and soy sauce
with sugar, ginger and garlic; stir in beef. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove florets from broccoli; if large, cut in half lengthwise. Cut stalks crosswise into 1/8-inch slices.
- Combine remaining cornstarch and soy sauce with 1 cup water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add meat and stir fry 1 minute; remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same wok. Add broccoli, onion and carrot; stir fry 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in meat and soy sauce mixture; bring to boil. Cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately.
Photo credit: stu_spivack on Visualhunt.com