Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1/2 pound boneless tender beef steak
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch,
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon granulated
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic,
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons peanut
- 1 onion, chunked and separated
- 1 carrot, cut
diagonally into 1/8-inch slices
- Cut beef across grain into
thin slices. Combine 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and soy sauce
with sugar, ginger and garlic; stir in beef. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove florets from broccoli; if large, cut in half
lengthwise. Cut stalks crosswise into 1/8-inch slices.
- Combine remaining
cornstarch and soy sauce with 1 cup water. Set aside.
1 tablespoon oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add meat
and stir fry 1 minute; remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same wok. Add
broccoli, onion and carrot; stir fry 4 minutes, or until vegetables
- Stir in meat and soy sauce mixture; bring to boil.
Cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately.