Beef with Noodles (China)
- 8 ounces Chinese fine egg noodles
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef rump steak
- 6 scallions
- 1 (1-inch square) piece fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cook noodles until tender according to package directions.
- Place a clean towel over wire cooling racks. Spread
noodles evenly over towel and dry about 3 hours.
- Combine water, 2 teaspoons of the soy sauce, the salt and bouillon.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in wok over high heat. Stir fry noodles
in the oil 3 minutes. Pour water mixture over noodles. Toss noodles
until completely coated, about 2 minutes. Transfer noodles to serving
plate. Keep warm.
- Remove and discard fat from meat. Cut meat
across the grain into thin slice about 2 inches long.
- Cut onions into thin diagonal slices.
- Pare ginger root and cut into thin slices.
- Crush or mince garlic.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in wok over
high heat. Add beef, onions, ginger, garlic and remaining 1 teaspoon
soy sauce. Stir fry until beef is done, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture over noodles.
Makes 4 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.