Beef with Peppers (China)
- 1 ounce dried mushrooms
- Boiling water
- 1 pound beef tenderloin
- 2 small yellow onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place mushrooms in a bowl
and cover with boiling water. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze
dry. Remove and discard stems. Slice mushroom caps into thin strips.
- Cut meat into thin slices 1 inch long.
- Cut onions into wedges.
seeds from peppers and cut peppers into thin slices.
vegetable oil in wok over high heat. Add garlic and five-spice powder.
Stir fry 15 seconds.
- Add meat. Stir fry until meat is brown, about
- Add onions. Stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and peppers.
Stir fry until peppers are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients . Pour mixture over meat-vegetable
mixture. Cook and stir until liquid boils and thickens.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.