Bok Choy with Bean Curd
- 1 pound bean curd (tofu)
- 4 medium stalks bok choy
- 4 scallions (with tops)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can button mushrooms, drained (reserve liquid)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut bean curd into 3/4-inch cubes; drain thoroughly.
- Cut bok choy (with leaves) into 1/4-inch slices.
- Cut scallions into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in wok or 10-inch skillet
over medium-high heat until hot. Cook bean curd, stirring carefully,
3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove bean curd. Add remaining oil and the bok
choy to wok; stir-fry over medium-high heat 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms.
Add enough water to reserved liquid to measure 1/2 cup. Stir liquid,
the oyster sauce and bouillon into vegetables; heat to boiling.
- Mix water and cornstarch; stir into vegetable mixture. Cook
and stir until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in bean curd and scallions. Heat until hot.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.