Braised Shrimp with Vegetables (China)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound fresh, uncooked large shrimp
- 8 ounces fresh broccoli
- 2 (4 ounce) cans whole button mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole or sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated, pared fresh ginger root
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove shells and back veins from shrimp.
- Cut broccoli into pieces.
- Drain mushrooms.
- Cut whole bamboo shoots into thin slices.
- Heat oil in wok
over high heat. Stir fry shrimp in oil until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli to shrimp. Stir fry 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots. Stir fry 1 minute longer.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
Pour mixture over shrimp-vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until
- Cook and stir 1 minute longer.
Makes 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes