Burmese Curried Pork (Weta Hin)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (2 pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 stalk fresh lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Trim fat from pork; cut pork into 2-inch cubes.
- Place onion, garlic, gingerroot, turmeric and red pepper in blender container.
Cover and blend on medium-high speed, stopping blender frequently to scrape
sides, until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Heat oils in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Gradually and carefully
pour vegetable mixture into oil. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer,
stirring, occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Add pork, tomatoes, lemon grass and fish sauce; break up tomatoes with fork.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until pork is tender, about 1
- Serve over rice. Garnish with snipped fresh cilantro if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes