Candied Banana Fritters
A delicious Chinese dessert!
- 5 bananas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sesame seeds or black sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold water (or enough water to make a thin batter)
- 6 cups oil for deep-frying (or less if desired)
- Mix together the sugar and water. Set aside.
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Add the cornstarch, flour, and water,
and blend well.
- Cut a banana on the diagonal into 5 pieces.
Sprinkle some added flour onto it and coat the pieces in the flour
batter using your fingers. Repeat for each banana.
- Heat wok and add oil for deep-frying. When oil is hot, drop the bananas into
the hot oil and add a few pieces at a time, turning them once, until
they are golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Heat frying pan and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Quickly re-stir the
sugar and water mixture, and add to the frying pan. Stir the mixture
on low heat until the sugar dissolves and turns into a syrup. Turn
off the heat and add the bananas. Mix carefully and serve immediately.
Sprinkle sesame seeds over the bananas just before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.