Canton Almond Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shortening (at room temperature)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup almonds, blanched
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Add shortening; cut in until mixture
- Add egg, vanilla extract and almond extract. Mix until egg is absorbed and mixture
is smooth. Shape into 3/4-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten each
cookie with a flour-dipped fork; press an almond into the center.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until a pale golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet; cool on rack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.