Cantonese Beef and Pineapple
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 green or red bell peppers, cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or more if needed
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- Cooked rice
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce and cornstarch. Add beef and toss to coat.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add water, peppers and garlic. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes until peppers are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, heat oil until hot. Add half of beef and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and add remaining beef and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, adding more oil if needed.
- Return all beef to skillet and add sauce mixture, peppers, and pineapples. Heat through.
- Serve with rice.