Cantonese Shoyu Chicken
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 seed star anise
- 1/4 cup scallions, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 (3 pound) fryer, cut up
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- Bring soy sauce, honey, brown sugar,
water, ginger, anise, garlic and scallion to a boil. Lower heat
and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken; cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Arrange chicken on a platter.
- Mix cornstarch with water; add to sauce to thicken. Pour
sauce over chicken and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.