Cantonese Shrimp and Snow Peas
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen peeled, raw shrimp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, or less
- Dash of pepper
(6 ounce) package frozen Chinese pea pods, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Thaw shrimp. Dissolve
chicken stock base in boiling water.
- In a skillet cook onion, garlic
and shrimp in oil for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. If necessary,
add a little of the chicken broth to prevent sticking.
- Stir in salt,
ginger, pepper, pea pods and chicken broth. Cover and simmer 5 to
7 minutes longer or until peas are tender but still slightly crisp.
- Dissolve cornstarch in a little water. Add cornstarch mixture
to shrimp and cook until thick and clear, stirring constantly. Season
with soy sauce.