Cantonese Wor Wonton Soup
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 pound
medium raw shrimp, shelled, deveined, and
- 3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup bok choy, cut
into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 Chinese Barbecued Park or Virginia ham, thinly
- 5 dried black mushrooms
Ready: Soak mushrooms in warm water to cover until softened,
about 20 minutes; drain. Discard stems and thinly slice caps.
- Combine filling ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
each wonton: Place 1 heaping teaspoon filling in center of
a wonton wrapper; keep remaining wrappers covered to prevent drying.
Brush edges of wrapper with water and fold wrapper in half to form
a triangle. Pinch edges to seal. Pull two opposite corners together,
moisten one corner with water, and overlap with another corner;
press to seal. Cover filled wontons with a dry towel to prevent
- Cooking: Place broth in a large pot: bring
to a boil. Add mushrooms and bok choy and cook for 2 minutes. Add
wontons and cook for 3 minutes. Add snow peas and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in sesame oil and pepper.
- Ladle wontons, vegetables,
and broth into 6 deep soup bowls. Garnish each serving with slices
of barbecued pork and green onion.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine May 27, 2001.
Source: 20 Years of the Best of Yan Can Cook - Marlen