- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce and cold water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet. Sauté celery one minute in hot
oil. Add onion and cook another minute. Add mushrooms and cook for
1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce into mixture. Heat to boiling.
Add water chestnuts and chicken. When thoroughly heated, add cashews.
- Serve over white or wild rice.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.