Chicken Bokeumtang (Spicy Korean Chicken)
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into 11 pieces with bone in and skin on
- 1 pound potatoes, peel, halved or quartered
- 3-4 carrots, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 2 onions, cut into large chunks
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Gochujang, Korean red pepper paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 4 green onions, sliced into 2-inch pieces
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Bring enough water to boil to blanch chicken in a large Dutch oven; add
chicken into boiling water, bring back to boil, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain chicken into a strainer and rinse pot quickly. Rinse chicken under
cold water and place back to pot.
- Add potato, carrot, onion and garlic to Dutch oven.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine gochujang and next 6 ingredients. Add
combined sauce into pot and toss everything together until chicken and
vegetables are evenly coated with sauce. Cover, bring it to boil over medium
high heat. Stirring frequently.
- When it starts boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 40 minutes,
stirring frequently for first 20 minutes of simmering to prevent burn bottom
- Stir in green onion and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with some more sesame seeds.
- Serve with warm cooked rice, kimchi and other your favorite side dishes!
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes