Chicken Cubes with Cherries,
Pineapple and Lichees
(Bo Lo Lichees Gai Kew)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon anise pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup lichee juice
- 1 cup lichee meat
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- Bone chicken and cut into cubes; mix sherry, light soy sauce, anise
pepper and chopped scallion together, pour over chicken and marinate
for 30 minutes.
- Beat egg white and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch together. Pour over
chicken breast mixture.
- Heat oil to 325 degrees F. Deep fry chicken. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix sugar, ketchup, vinegar, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and lichee juice
in saucepan; stir until thickened. Add lichee meat, cherries and
pineapple. Stir until hot, then serve over chicken.
Yield: 1 serving
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.