Chicken Lo Mein
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken broth granules
- 2 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces boneless, skinned chicken breasts, cut into long, thin slices
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and well drained
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Dissolve broth granules in boiling water
in small saucepan. Pour 1/2 cup broth mixture into large skillet.
Let remaining liquid in saucepan cool.
- Bring mixture in skillet
to boiling. Add chicken; simmer 5 minutes, until no longer pink
- Remove chicken with slotted spoon to platter. Pour off
liquid from skillet.
- Stir wine, soy and cornstarch in small
bowl until smooth. Stir into remaining cooled broth in saucepan.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and
ginger; cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add cabbage, celery, peas and
carrot; cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add chicken and pasta; toss 2 minutes, until heated through.
- Stir cornstarch mixture in saucepan; add to skillet; cook, stirring,
2 to 3 minutes, until slightly thickened. Top with onion.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.