Chicken Lo Mein 2
- 1/2 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 pound snap pea pods strings removed (2 cups)
- 6 ounces baby cut carrots, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch sticks (1 cup)
- 1/2 (9 ounce) package refrigerated linguine, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, optional
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
- Toasted sesame seed, if desired
- Cut chicken breast halves lengthwise into 2-inch pieces; cut
pieces crosswise into 1/2-inch strips.
- Heat 2 quarts water to boiling in 3 quart saucepan. Add pea
pods, carrots and linguine. Heat to boiling. Boil 2 to 3 minutes
or until linguine is just tender; drain.
- Mix cornstarch, sugar and water.
- Mix broth, soy sauce, garlic
and gingerroot, stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Spray nonstick wok or 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking
spray, heat over medium/high heat until cooking spray starts
to bubble. Add chicken, stir fry about 2 minutes or until chicken
- Stir broth mixture in and stir into chicken mixture.
- tir in pea pods, carrots and linguine. Cook 2 minutes, stirring
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.