Chicken Lo Mein 2
- 1/2 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 pound snap pea pods strings removed (2 cups)
- 6 ounces baby cut carrots, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch sticks (1 cup)
- 1/2 (9 ounce) package refrigerated linguine, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, optional
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
- Toasted sesame seed, if desired
- Cut chicken breast halves lengthwise into 2-inch pieces; cut
pieces crosswise into 1/2-inch strips.
- Heat 2 quarts water to boiling in 3 quart saucepan. Add pea
pods, carrots and linguine. Heat to boiling. Boil 2 to 3 minutes
or until linguine is just tender; drain.
- Mix cornstarch, sugar and water.
- Mix broth, soy sauce, garlic
and gingerroot, stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Spray nonstick wok or 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking
spray, heat over medium/high heat until cooking spray starts
to bubble. Add chicken, stir fry about 2 minutes or until chicken
- Stir broth mixture in and stir into chicken mixture.
- Tir in pea pods, carrots and linguine. Cook 2 minutes, stirring
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes