Chicken with Lychees (China)
- 3 whole chicken breasts
- 6 scallions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole peeled lychees, drained
- Vermicelli, cooked and drained
- Cut chicken breasts in half. Remove and discard bones. Cut each
breast half into six pieces.
- Cut onions into 1-inch pieces.
- Remove seeds from pepper; cut pepper into 1-inch cubes.
- Measure 1/4 cup cornstarch into large bowl. Add chicken pieces and toss
until well coated.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add chicken.
Stir fry until chicken is light brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add onion and pepper to chicken. Stir fry 1 minute.
- Combine tomato
sauce, 1/4 cup of the water, the sugar and bouillon. Pour over chicken-vegetable
mixture. Mix well. Stir in lychees. Cover, reduce heat to medium
and cook until chicken is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup water and the 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Stir into
chicken mixture. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve with vermicelli.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.