Chicken and Peanuts with Noodles
Chicken and Peanuts with Noodles from the Florida Culinary Institute, West Palm
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups
snow peas, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, shelled
- In small bowl, mix together sugar, cornstarch, ginger, 1/4 cup soy sauce, hot
pepper sauce, garlic, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar and water. Whisk until well
blended. Pour mixture into a large, plastic zipper bag; add chicken tenders. Close
and turn bag to coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Remove chicken
from bag, reserving marinade.
- In large skillet or wok, heat canola oil. Add chicken and sauté for about 5 minutes,
or until chicken is cooked through. Add reserved marinade and bring to a boil, stirring
constantly. Cook 1 minute.
- Add snow peas, cook for additional minute. Add green onions, reserving 2 tablespoons
for garnish. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine hot spaghetti noodles, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce
and sesame oil. Stir to blend. Add chicken mixture and peanuts; mix well. Divide
among plates; sprinkle with reserved green onions.
Nutritional Analysis, Per Serving: 610 calories; 25 g fat; 4 g saturated
fat; 58 g carbohydrate
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Chicken Council.