Chinese Almond Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
with 1 tablespoon water
- 24 whole blanched almonds
oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter,
egg, peel, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat at medium speed with
electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, powdered sugar
and baking powder. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on
ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten ball with bottom of drinking glass,
wiping glass with damp cloth to prevent sticking.
brush tops of cookies with egg yolk mixture. Press almond into center
of each cookie.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are light
- Cool completely before storing.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 6/22/01 7:21:01 pm.