Chinese Almond Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 24 whole blanched almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter, egg, peel, vanilla extract and
almond extract. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, powdered sugar and baking powder. Beat at low speed
until soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on
ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten ball with bottom of drinking glass, wiping glass with damp cloth to prevent sticking.
- Lightly brush tops of cookies with egg yolk mixture. Press almond into center of each cookie.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool completely before storing.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 6/22/01 7:21:01 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.