Chinese Barbecue Pork (Char Siu)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 pounds lean pork loin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Mix all ingredients except the pork to make
a marinade. Marinate the pork for at least 2 hours; overnight is
- Roast the pork at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and slice thin.
- Serve with hot mustard and toasted sesame seeds.
The trick is the cooking process. I hope there
is something in the top of your oven that you can wire the pork
to so it can hang free during the roasting with a pan of water placed. If you do not have a way of hanging
the pork you can use a perforated pan placed on an upper shelf directly
above the pan of water. Be sure to turn the pork occasionally.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 1/23/2002 3:08 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes