Chinese Barbecued Ribs (Shao Pi K'u)
These ribs are delicious, but messy!
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds fresh pork spareribs, cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce or chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry sherry
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Place ribs in shallow glass or plastic dish. Mix remaining ingredients ;
spoon over ribs. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Remove ribs from marinade, reserving marinade. Arrange ribs meaty
sides up in single layer on rack in foil-lined broiler pan. Brush
with reserved marinade. Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Brush ribs with marinade.
- Bake uncovered, brushing occasionally
with marinade, until done, about 45 minutes longer.
Yields about 45 appetizers.