Chinese Barbecued Ribs (Shao Pi K'u)
These ribs are delicious, but messy!
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds fresh pork spareribs, cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce or chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry sherry
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Place ribs in shallow glass or plastic dish. Mix remaining ingredients ;
spoon over ribs. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Remove ribs from marinade, reserving marinade. Arrange ribs meaty
sides up in single layer on rack in foil-lined broiler pan. Brush
with reserved marinade. Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Brush ribs with marinade.
- Bake uncovered, brushing occasionally
with marinade, until done, about 45 minutes longer.
Yields about 45 appetizers.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.