Chinese Black Bean Sauce
- 1 cup nonfat, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons black bean and garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (for sauce, not marinade)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 2 green onions (scallions), finely minced
To use as a marinade:
- In blender mix together broth, black bean and garlic sauce, oyster
sauce, sugar, ginger and red pepper until smooth and well blended.
Transfer to a container, stir in green onion.
To use as a sauce:
- In blender, mix together until smooth and well blended all ingredients except green onions. Transfer mixture to small saucepan and stir
in green onions. Over low-medium heat, bring mixture to a simmer,
stirring constantly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drizzle small amount
of sauce in center of plates and top with cooked chicken, fish,
or meat. Drizzle a small amount of sauce on top.
Makes about 1 cup.
Some commercially prepared sauces are labeled "black bean and
garlic sauce" or "black bean sauce". Either is suitable
for this recipe.
Per tablespoon: 5 cal; no fat; 1 g carbo; 51 mg sodium
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/6/2002 9:26 am.