Chinese Cabbage Soup
- 1/2 ounce dried shrimp
- 1/2 ounce
cellophane noodles (fen szu)
- 1 (2 pound) Chinese cabbage
pound lean pork loin or shoulder
- 2 tablespoons lard or vegetable
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 thin slice ginger
- 3 cups
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Wash dried shrimp; drain. Soak in hot water.
- Soak cellophane
noodles separately in hot water for 15 minutes.
leaves of cabbage; wash and drain. Stack leaves together and slit
into halves lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch long sections.
- Slice pork thinly across the grain.
- Heat lard or oil
in saucepan. Add pork slices and stir fry until whitish in color.
- Add dried shrimp with their soaking water, drained cellophane noodles,
soy sauce, ginger, boiling water and salt. Bring to boil again.
Add cabbage and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
before serving add sherry and bring to a boil again.
Yield: 4 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.