Chinese Cabbage Soup
- 1/2 ounce dried shrimp
- 1/2 ounce cellophane noodles (fen szu)
- 1 (2 pound) Chinese cabbage
- 1/2 pound lean pork loin or shoulder
- 2 tablespoons lard or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 thin slice ginger
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Wash dried shrimp; drain. Soak in hot water.
- Soak cellophane noodles separately in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Separate leaves of cabbage; wash and drain. Stack leaves together and slit
into halves lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch long sections.
- Slice pork thinly across the grain.
- Heat lard or oil in saucepan. Add pork slices and stir fry until whitish in color.
- Add dried shrimp with their soaking water, drained cellophane noodles,
soy sauce, ginger, boiling water and salt. Bring to boil again.
Add cabbage and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving add sherry and bring to a boil again.
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.