Chinese Egg Rolls
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 mashed garlic clove
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1 quartered roasting chicken
- 2 pounds lean pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 finely sliced celery stalk
- 1 small head cabbage, finely diced
- 3 finely diced large onions
- 1 (8 ounce) package finely diced fresh mushrooms
- Soy sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound bean sprouts, thoroughly cleaned
- Egg roll wrappers
- 1 lightly beaten egg white
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 to 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Egg Rolls: Mix together, soy sauce, water, garlic
and lemon juice. Add the chicken and pork. Cover tightly and marinate
- Roast the chicken and the pork together in a 350
degree F oven until done. The chicken takes about an hour. The pork
takes about an hour and a half. When cool, cut into matchstick pieces.
- In a wok, or deep-sided frying pan, warm the oil.
Over medium heat, add the celery, cabbage, onions and mushrooms.
Stir fry until celery and onions are tender.
- Add chicken
and pork. Stir until heated through. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper
to taste. Remove this mixture from heat. Stir in bean sprouts.
- When working with egg roll wrappers be sure to cover them with
a damp cloth to prevent them from drying out.
- To fill each
roll, mound about 2 heaping tablespoons of filling just below the
center of the egg roll. Fold bottom corner up over filling to cover,
then fold in the two outside corners. Roll closed, sealing shut
with a bit of egg white.
- Put oil in a wok or large pan to
a depth of about 2 inches - deep enough to cover the egg rolls.
Over medium-high heat, warm the oil and carefully add the egg rolls,
one at a time. Deep fry about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown on
both sides, turning once.
- May be kept warm in 200 degrees F oven until serving time.
Serve with dipping sauce.
- Dipping Sauce: Combine soy
sauce, mustard, garlic powder, vinegar and brown
Posted by WingsFan91 at Recipe Goldmine 7/19/01 5:08:59 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.