Chinese Fried Buns
- 6 ounces sweet potatoes
- 10 ounces red bean paste
- 1 1/2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Peel the sweet potatoes and boil them till tender,
then mash them.
- Sift the glutinous rice flour and flour together
then blend together with the sugar and mashed sweet potato. Knead
the mixture well and sprinkle in the hot water. Knead the dough
into small balls and then roll each ball into a flat round shape.
Spoon some red bean paste into each as stuffing and shape into balls
around the filling. Brush the balls with cold water, then coat thoroughly
with sesame seeds.
- Deep fry on a low heat until the balls are golden
- Drain and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.