Chinese Mixed Pickles
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 large carrots
- 1 (1 pound) Chinese white radish
- 1 large cucumber
- 4 stalks celery
- 8 scallions
- 4 ounces fresh ginger root
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pickling Liquid: Combine all ingredients in 3-quart saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid
boils. Remove from heat; cool.
- Pickles: Wash all vegetables.
Pare carrots and radish. Cut cucumber lengthwise into quarters and
remove seeds. Cut carrots, radish and cucumber into matchstick thin
strips about 2 inches long. Cut celery into 1/2-inch diagonal slices.
Cut onions into 1/4-inch diagonal slices. Pare ginger root and cut
into thin slices. Remove seeds from peppers and cut peppers into
- Fill a 5-quart Dutch oven half full of water.
Cover and cook over high heat until water boils. Uncover and add
all vegetables. Remove from heat immediately. Let vegetables stand
uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Drain vegetables in large colander. Spread
vegetables out on clean towels and allow to dry 2 or 3 hours.
- Pack vegetables firmly into clean jars with lid. Pour pickling liquid
into jars until vegetables are completely covered. Cover jars tightly.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 1 week before using.
Yield: 1 1/2 to 2 quarts
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes