Chinese Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat, reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper, or to taste
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring broth to a boil, then
immediately remove from heat.
- In blender, place hot broth, peanut
butter, soy sauce and garlic. Puree until smooth. Add vinegar and
sugar and blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to container. Stir
in cilantro. Season to taste with crushed red pepper.
- The mixture can be used as a marinade immediately.
Yield: about 1 3/4 cups
Per tablespoon: 29 cal; 2 g fat (less than 1 g sat fat); 1 g
carbo; 1 g pro; 75 mg sodium
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/6/2002 9:27 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes