Chinese Pot Stickers
Make authentic Pot Stickers at home!
- 1 1/2 pound ground pork
- 6 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp, soaked and minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons shrimp water (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds Chinese cabbage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 cups flour
- 2 cups water
Cooking and Serving
- Peanut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Chinese hot oil (chili oil)
- Soy sauce
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Meat Filling: Mix together well the pork, soy sauce, scallions, dried shrimp, shrimp
water, sesame oil, peanut oil, ginger, egg and garlic. Set aside.
Core cabbage and chop it finely. Cover cabbage with the salt and
let sit for 1 hour. Press out the water and add the cabbage to the
meat mixture. Set mixture aside until ready to assemble pot stickers.
- Pastry: Mix flour and water. Keep it rather soft for ease in handling. Let it rest for
10 minutes. Cut or pull off walnut-size balls and roll each one
out to the size of a 3-inch circle. The edges of the dough should
be thinner than the middle. Fill each round with approximately 1
teaspoon of meat filling. Pinch together in the shape of a half
- Cooking and Serving: Heat about 2 tablespoons of peanut oil in a skillet
and stand the pot stickers up close together in the skillet with
the seam side up. Sauté over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Do
not allow them to burn. Add 1/2 cup water, cover, and steam for
- Serve immediately with vinegar, Chinese hot oil, soy
sauce and cilantro.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.