- 6 pounds spareribs
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Hot Mustard Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Colman's English Mustard(no substitute)
- 2 large or 3 medium eggs
- Spareribs: Brown spareribs in a hot (450 degree F) oven for about 15 minutes.
- Pour off fat. Mix ginger, soy sauce, lemon and garlic to make sauce. Pour over ribs.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours, basting often.
- Serve with Hot Mustard Sauce.
- Hot Mustard Sauce: Mix all ingredients and cook in double boiler until thick.
Do not use blender to mix.
Can be stored in refrigerator for several months and can be reheated. It loses "hotness"
the longer it is stored. Use as a dip or spread for crackers and sandwiches or to
accompany ham or shrimp.