Chinese Spareribs 3
Tender and Delicious!
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons regular prepared mustard**
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced as fine as possible)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced as
fine as possible)
- About 3 tablespoons green onions, green part only
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with little more than 1 tablespoon water for thickening
- About 2 tablespoons hot oil (add to sauce after thickened)
- To tell you the truth, you could use the original crispy sauce recipe and the
ribs will still turn out great. Really the only difference is that I used a bit
more ketchup and ginger. After you have basted ribs in sauce, place in preheated
325 degree F oven and bake for about 25 minutes basting generously once or twice.
I know you rib fans will love this recipe!
P.S. If you want a soy sauce-based sauce recipe for ribs, you can use the one
for crispy beef and use a bit more soy sauce (about 1/3 cup and ginger - about 1
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine May 26, 2001.
Source: Cookin' Dad - posted 11-04-2000 10:50 am