Chinese Sticky Cake
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs, with whites and yolks separated
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup dried fruits (your choice), pitted if necessary and diced
- 1 piece crystallized ginger, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease a 4 x 8-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Cream together
the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks and mix thoroughly. Add
1/3 (a little less than 1/2 cup) of the glutinous rice flour and
mix. Add about half of the milk. Continue adding the rice flour
and the milk alternately until the entire amount is mixed in.
- Stir in the dried fruits and then add the beaten egg whites, folding
them into the cake batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the loaf pan
and steam, for about one hour. If you do not have a wok steamer,
this can be done as follows: Place the pan in a larger pan, and
fill the larger pan with water to about halfway up the sides of
the loaf pan. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer,
and cover the larger pan. It helps to have a domed lid so the condensation
does not fall on the cake.
- Allow to cool and cut into thin slices.
Makes 8 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.