- About 1 pound okra, or less - DO NOT SLICE!!!
- 1/3 cup Chinese soy paste*
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely minced**
* A little like soy sauce, but lighter
and more viscous; should be available in most Oriental grocery stores.
** You can use 1 whole clove if you really like garlic.
- Mix sauce ingredients together about 1/2 hour before using.
Please note that you will need to dilute sauce with a little water
(1 to 2 tablespoon should do the trick).
- Boil okra until tender (for about 3 minutes). Cool briefly, dip in
sauce (like you would using potato chips and chip dip) and eat.
This is simple and really tasty.
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine May 26, 2001.
Source: Cookin' Dad - Member posted 03-26-2001 09:53 PM
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes