"Chinese Take-Out" Lemon Chicken
You'll get a kick out of how we gave this classic Chinese take-out dish its sweet
and zingy lemon flavor. Get out the chicken and we'll give you the scoop!
- 1 (3 ounce) box JELL-O Lemon Flavor Gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (6 ounce) package snow peas (about 2 cups), trimmed
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- Mix dry gelatin mix and cornstarch in small bowl. Add broth, dressing and garlic;
stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes
or until done, stirring occasionally. Add snow peas and peppers; cook and stir 2
- Stir gelatin mixture; add to ingredients in skillet. Cook on medium heat for
3 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Serve over rice.
Prep Time 20 min. | Total Time 20 min. | 4 servings
Substitute 2 (6 ounce) packages OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Grilled Chicken
Breast for the cooked fresh chicken strips. Heat oil in skillet as directed. Add
chicken, snow peas and peppers; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through
and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Continue as directed. Add
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot or 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger along
with the broth, dressing and garlic.
Substitute: Serve over hot cooked long-grain brown rice.
Nutritional Information Serving Size 4 servings Amount per serving: Calories
400 Total fat 8g Saturated fat 1.5g Cholesterol 65mg Sodium 320mg Carbohydrate 49g
Dietary fiber 2g Sugars 21g Protein 30g
% Daily Value Vitamin A 20% DV Vitamin C 50% DV Calcium 4% DV Iron 15% DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes