This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chinese Wedding Cake
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, very well drained
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl. Beat until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar while beating and beat until stiff.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Carefully fold in sifted dry ingredients , a
few tablespoons at a time.
- Turn into two 9-inch layer pans which have been lined with waxed paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cake springs back when
touched with a finger.
- Loosen cake from sides of pans. Turn out on cake racks.
Immediately remove paper. Cool.
- Spread one layer with Whipped
Cream Frosting, using about 2/3 cup. Over this, spread the crushed
pineapple. Top with remaining layer. Spread remaining frosting over
- Whipped Cream Frosting: Beat the heavy cream until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar while
beating. Stir in the vanilla extract.