Chinese Wedding Cake
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, very well drained
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl. Beat until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar while beating and beat until stiff.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Carefully fold in sifted dry ingredients , a
few tablespoons at a time.
- Turn into two 9-inch layer pans which have been lined with waxed paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cake springs back when
touched with a finger.
- Loosen cake from sides of pans. Turn out on cake racks.
Immediately remove paper. Cool.
- Spread one layer with Whipped
Cream Frosting, using about 2/3 cup. Over this, spread the crushed
pineapple. Top with remaining layer. Spread remaining frosting over
- Whipped Cream Frosting: Beat the heavy cream until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar while
beating. Stir in the vanilla extract.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.