Chocolate Ginger Lychees
- 1 (20 ounce) can whole peeled lychees
- 2 ounces preserved candied
- 6 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable
- Drain lychees. Spread lychees round side up between
several layers of paper toweling. Let stand until dry, about 1 hour.
- Cut ginger into sliver or tiny pieces. Carefully stuff ginger
inside cavities of lychees.
- Combine chocolate and shortening in
small saucepan or in top of double boiler over boiling water. Cook
over low heat, stirring constantly, just until chocolate melts.
Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Dip each lychee into chocolate to
coat completely. Carefully lift lychee out of chocolate and place
round side up on greased parchment or wax paper.
- Drizzle remaining
chocolate over lychees.
- Refrigerate until cold.
Makes about 24.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.